Earn a Scholarship. Open Doors.
Discover Manufacturing Career Opportunities
The Dream It. Do It. Minnesota Digital Badge Pathway is for students in grades 7-12. The pathway allows students to earn digital badges while they learn about manufacturing and embark on a variety of fun activities, including robotics competitions, summer camps, visiting college campuses, and touring manufacturing facilities. Students who earn the required minimum of 24 badges are eligible to receive a 360 eTECH scholarship at the Minnesota State Advanced Manufacturing Center of Excellence college of their choice!
What is a Dream It. Do It. Minnesota Digital Badge?
It is a digital representation of your accomplishments, combined with a verifiable description of what you did to earn it. A digital badge is easy to share online, or in a digital backpack that you can share with friends, teachers, and even with future employers. These badges are “open badges.” Open Badges are verifiable, portable digital badges with embedded metadata about skills and achievements. They comply with the Open Badges Specification and are shareable across the web. Each Open Badge is associated with an image and information about the badge, its recipient, the issuer, and any supporting evidence.
What is the Value of a Digital Badge?
- It shows the world the activities, knowledge, and skills you have demonstrated to earn a badge from Dream It. Do It. Minnesota, a verified issuer.
- It is easy to share your accomplishments on social media, in a digital backpack, or almost any other digital platform!
- A digital badge cannot be faked. Credentials are embedded inside—your name, what you did to earn the badge, who issued the badge (Dream It. Do It. Minnesota) and the issue date.
Dream It. Do It. Minnesota Badge Categories
There are six categories of badges:
- Igniter— This medal is awarded to individuals who earn a minimum of five Igniter badges. Earning these badges requires the completion of Introduction to Manufacturing activities.
- Happy Camper— This medal is awarded to individuals who earn a minimum of two Happy Camper badges. Earning these badges requires participation in manufacturing-related camps or lab experiences.
- Titan— This medal is awarded to individuals who earn a minimum of three Titan badges. These badges encourage teamwork and recognize participation and achievement in robotics team competitions.
- Adventurer— This medal is awarded to individuals who earn a minimum of three Adventurer badges. These badges encourage manufacturing career exploration and face-to-face interaction with manufacturers and manufacturing program faculty.
- Crackerjack— This medal is awarded to individuals who earn a minimum of six Crackerjack badges. These badges encourage manufacturing career exploration and creative application of manufacturing knowledge.
- Insider— This medal is awarded to individuals who earn a minimum of five Insider badges. Working on these badges will help you acquire manufacturing career success skills and on-the-job manufacturing experience.
Badge earners who earn all six of the medals listed above are eligible to receive a 360 eTECH scholarship which can be used to earn the 16-credit Production Technologies certificate from 360 eTECH. This covers tuition, fees, books, and subscriptions and is valued at $4,000. Find more information about the scholarship by going to https://www.dreamitdoitmn.com/badges-teachers/.
Additional scholarship requirements include: writing a short essay about advanced manufacturing; enrolling in a participating 360 eTECH college; and retaining a 2.0 or better grade point average. Five scholarships are currently available. The number of future scholarships is subject to change.
How Do I Get Started?
Getting started is easy! Just create a free account on our Credly site and check out all the badges you can earn! There is never any cost to creating an account and all of the badges you earn can be stored in your free account indefinitely. You will have the ability to share the badges you earn any way you like! Share on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or just display them in your Credly digital backpack. There are a total of 32 badges that you can pick from. You can earn them in any order you like. You can earn as many (or as few) as you want, but remember that you will need to earn a minimum number of badges within each category to earn a 360 eTECH scholarship.